VMware Horizon Community
shaun_donovan
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot create writeable volumes

Hi

I am testing a POC for a client and created some app volumes at the weekend , i came in this morning and they were showing as orphaned , i removed the volumes and looked through the logs and found some AD errors not connecting to the domain , I have manually entered the two most local domain controllers to the app volumes manager server , and now I can't create any writable volumes , I'm not getting any errors either , it just submits and nothing happens

Ive restarted the service a few times and rebooted the server

the last log is

Sep 25 2017 10:41AM

Failed to refresh domain Controllers

this is 4 hours since i added the domain controllers manually so all looks good , i can brows the domain and add users , just won't create the volumes

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Check if the Writable volumes template is imported successfully into the storage under Configuration -> Storage tab. If not, click 'Upload Prepackaged Volumes' and import again.

0 Kudos
shaun_donovan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi , I tried that and it did create one , I deleted it to test and now it won't recreate again , even though i uploaded the template again

0 Kudos
shaun_donovan
Contributor
Contributor

I'm getting this error on the users I'm assigning to

Disabled, verify the user exists and is enabled in ActiveDirectory

they do exist and they have not been moved

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Have you moved the 'user' from one OU to another OU? What is the version of App Volumes?

0 Kudos
shaun_donovan
Contributor
Contributor

The users in  question  haven't moved , I've checked paths and no changed has been made ..as i said earlier contact was lost with the domain over weekend according to the logs but its fine now i have set the DC's manually

Version: 2.12.1.103 

0 Kudos
shaun_donovan
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone help ? I find it hard to believe Vmware think this is an enterprise ready solution if you can’t move users around in AD without it falling down

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Request you to file a Support Request with VMware to look into the issue in detail.

0 Kudos