VMware Horizon Community
joshopper
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Cannot connect to Server

Many of the applications I have been trying to use AppVols with are financial Client / Server based. l am trying to deliver the client to end users but in almost every instance the application cannot find the server end of the equation. If I install it directly on to the virtual desktop it can connect. My example program is Google Earth... when delivered in an AppStack it cannot find the google servers. Is anyone else seeing this issue? I am using AppVol 2.9 on non-persisten windows 7 64bit machine with VMware View 6.2

My current work around - which is working fine but adds another layer of effort is to ThinApp the applications but deliver them with AppVol.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
HariRajan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi joshopper

The best solution for this issue is , you need to add a reverse entry in the snapvol.cfg file .

you can test this by assign a writable to a VDI machine before installing the application  and go to diskmgmt.msc and under that you can see the writable disk , right click the disk and assign a drive letter , let say it as "E" drive. . Now you can open the writable disk "E" and give a reverse entry as mentioned below ,  I have given a wild mask entry here as it will do the reverse for the program files as well as program files (x86).   Once you provide this information in snapvol.cfg  , restart the machine and install the applications .

Now all applications should work.

# Reverse Replicate File Entries

# WorkAround  for Some Apps Failing when executed from AppStack. This change provides configurablity to

# specify path in snapvol.cfg to replicate EXE matching the specified path to System Volume.

# Specify the path using :

# snap_replicate_file=Program Files

# Behaviour : Now All the EXE files on the Appstack with path suffix matching Program Files

# (ie \device\HardDiskVolume2\Program Files\xxxxx) Will Be replicated to c:\Program Files\xxxxx

#

reverse_replicate_file=Program Files\Citrix\AuthManager\AuthManSvr.exe

reverse_replicate_file=Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\TortoiseProc.exe

reverse_replicate_file=Program Files (x86)\Citrix\AuthManager\AuthManSvr.exe

reverse_replicate_file=Program Files (x86)\TortoiseSVN\bin\TortoiseProc.exe

reverse_replicate_file=Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

reverse_replicate_file=Program Files (x86)\

reverse_replicate_file=Program Files\

Thanks & Regards in Plenteous . Hari Rajan
0 Kudos
joshopper
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Thank you for the suggestion but this did not resolve my current issue.

0 Kudos
HariRajan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Thanks for the update and let me install goole earth and try

0 Kudos
HariRajan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

It is working for me with the changes and google earth is installed and it contacted the google servers . Only thing is that google earth needed VGPU or software GPU.

can you please  install vsphere client on the same machine and try to connect a server or vcenter .

0 Kudos