VMware Horizon Community
VDIMega
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Cannot change registry permissions in Appstack

Hi, I'm trying to create a working appstack for Bloomberg Professinoal.  Bloomberg Professional sets the user information into [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bloomberg L.P.] instead of HKCU.  I put the appstack in provisioning mode to add permissions required for wintvr.exe to modify that in the user's context, as per this PDF.  However, when I go to add permissions to the key, and I hit the "Apply" button in the Windows permission dialog box, the permission immediately disappears.  This happens no matter what account/group I try to permission, or what level permission I try to give them.

Has anyone else had this problem?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mellicott
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've seen this before, some time ago.  IIRC you need to go one level lower and apply the permissions.

It was that, or when I looked at lower levels the permissions were there, but didn't show on the level I granted them at.

Horizon Client 5.4.3 Appvol Manager 2.18 Appvol Client 2.18.6 UEM 9.10
0 Kudos
Sravan_k
Expert
Expert

I know it been long..

have you got fixed this issue? after updating app stack by adding user/user group to that path, on user machine if you go to that location and try to see if it is showing name or SID

regards

0 Kudos