VMware Horizon Community
robsisk1972
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can user assignments of app stacks be imported in bulk.

Greetings all.   I just upgraded to App Volumes 4 with co-exist.   I have used the handy dandy application migration tool to bring over my 2.x apps to the 4 environment.     Now I have to handle the entitlements of the 4 app stacks and this is proving to be very time consuming using just the GUI interface.   Is there any way I can export a list of assigned users from 2.x app stack and import that same list of users into the migrated 4 app stack?  I hate doing things manually.  HA.

Rob

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Short version of the answer, no you can't. 

I would also suggest not using the migration tool as Appstacks are build totally differently in Appvolumes 4. I know it is an option but we have some bad experience with it in regards to stability and performance. Also, in 2.x you bundled applications for a better performance while logging in, in 4.x you want to have an appstack for every single application.

0 Kudos
Micheal_A
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You should be able to use App Volumes Entitlement Sync - Fling.

I have worked with this product mostly with 4.x, but try it and let me know if you have problems.

FYI,

As @Ray_handels mentioned, once you migrate the app-stacks to the 4.x environment, I would work on converting them to 4.x packages to leverage the features of AVM 4.x now and in the future.

VMware EUC by Broadcom
https://techzone.vmware.com/
0 Kudos