VMware Horizon Community
gpeck29adv
Contributor
Contributor

Autodesk AutoCAD

Has anybody put AutoCAD in an app stack. It seems to work if I launch AutoCAD with the /nohardware option. The HEIDI drivers for the video card are causing an issue. Looking to if anybody has overcome this issue. I'm assuming that we need to install these drivers in the base image.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Testing has been done and there are customers using. Can you be more specific on the errors you are seeing and what version of AutoCAD?

Unless I am mistaken HEIDI is OpenGL Direct X driver and so would need to be in the base image. That is not something the OS would be happy about having appear and disappear Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
gpeck29adv
Contributor
Contributor

Jason,

We are getting the attached heidi error. Agreed this needs to be put in the base image. I'm unfamiliar with the install, and the person that is working with me that is familiar with the installs is also unfamiliar on how to de-couple the heidi install from the main product installation. Is there any documentation on how to install the heidi driver in the base image.

We are looking at installing multiple versions of AutoCAD 12, 13, & 14. Is the suggested approach to this to put them into separate AppStacks or just use one stack? The users that get AutoCAD will get all three versions.

Greg

0 Kudos
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I am not familiar with how to decouple the driver either. Will see if I can gather some information on some other installs.

If doing multiple versions and they allways be used together, I would put all of them in a single AppStack. You will likely see better performance and it would make any updates a little easier to complete.

0 Kudos