VMware Horizon Community
alsmk2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Attached AppStacks request reboot

I'm having an issue whereby attaching any app stack to a user desktop immediately requests a reboot. I've tried re-installing the AV agent, and creating new app stacks.The gold image that the desktops are based on has never had an app stack attached to it either.

The gold image also has an agent for UEM 9.0 installed as per the recommended order from vmware (Tools, View, UEM, AppVol).

Platform:

AppVolumes Manager: 2.11

Agent: 2.11

Desktop: W7 Pro x64 (Linked-Clone)

Registry: No additional values configured

Has anyone come across this before?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Yes we have, but this normally only happens when using a writable volume.

I user A logs in for example his (or her) writable volume is being attached. After logoff, if the machine is not being refreshed after use, it will still hold some info from the writable volume of user A. If user B then logs in Appvolumes says you need to reboot the machine.

You are using the Appstack templates for this right?? Otherwise it could be that you are getting user info into the appstack.

And also, have you restarted the sequencing machine after installing the application? It could be that you still have a pendingreboot operation. Attach the appstack and check the following regsitry key. If it exists, you need to reboot the packaging machine once before sealing the appstack.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\PendingFileRenameOperations

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Yes we have, but this normally only happens when using a writable volume.

I user A logs in for example his (or her) writable volume is being attached. After logoff, if the machine is not being refreshed after use, it will still hold some info from the writable volume of user A. If user B then logs in Appvolumes says you need to reboot the machine.

You are using the Appstack templates for this right?? Otherwise it could be that you are getting user info into the appstack.

And also, have you restarted the sequencing machine after installing the application? It could be that you still have a pendingreboot operation. Attach the appstack and check the following regsitry key. If it exists, you need to reboot the packaging machine once before sealing the appstack.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\PendingFileRenameOperations

0 Kudos
alsmk2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

It was a pending reboot - thanks for the response!

0 Kudos