Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Assigned AppVolumes displaying as attached network drive letters within Windows

Hi,

Environment:

VDIs - Windows 7 64bit OS and Linked Clones

Appvol Agent 2.9

Horizon View Agent 6.1

Occasionally once a user has logged in to their VDI session assigned AppVolumes / App Stacks are showing as network drives within Windows (see attached).

This causes conflicts with some of the drive letters being used when the user should actually have the drive mapped to a UNC share within Windows.

I have located the file 'VMWVvp.txt from one affected VDI instance, but cannot see a reason for this error in drive mappings within the log file.

Anyone else had such experiences? If so did you manage to resolve the problem??

This is random - as in it does not happen everytime. It is a pain having to ask the user to log out of the VDI session and back in each time it occurs.

Regards,

Darren

4 Replies
Fersken
Contributor
Contributor

Had the same problem, just follow this guide and you´ll be fine.

Network drive letters are mapped to VMware App Volumes AppStacks (2139351) | VMware KB

Lakshman
Champion
Champion

You should not be seeing this issue in App Volumes 2.10 and above. Suggest to upgrade to the latest 2.11 version.

dazzy90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Great - thank you for the link. I will try to edit the existing app stacks as soon as I can.

Also have plans to upgrade the AppVol version too so that should also fix future appvols as and when they are created.

Regards,

Darren

0 Kudos
dazzy90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you to both Fersken and Lakshman for the replies and information.