VMware Horizon Community
jordanht
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

ArcGIS / ArcMap issues when combined with AppVolumes 4

I discovered a strange issue as we are starting to migrate from AppVolumes 2.18 to 4. Whenever I have ArcGIS Desktop either in the image or packaged, about 20 minutes after logging in the Windows Storage Service starts to max out the CPU and continues until eventually the VM crashes. I haven't seen any other apps cause this in AppVolumes 4, and I didn't have the issue in 2.18. It also only occurs when any app is attached. So if ArcGIS is in the image, but I don't assign any AppVolumes apps, the issue does not occur. If I open procmon I can see a continues stream of registry reads, but I don't know if there is a fix for that.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jordanht
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We worked with VMware support and resolved/worked around this by adding the following to the registry on our image machine:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoLowDiskSpaceChecks (DWORD=1)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jordanht
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We worked with VMware support and resolved/worked around this by adding the following to the registry on our image machine:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoLowDiskSpaceChecks (DWORD=1)

0 Kudos