VMware Horizon Community
nuberaldhoore
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Appvolumes version 2.9

According to VMware App Volumes 2.9 Promotion | United States there is a promotion available for App Volumes 2.9.

I was wondering when this version will become available and more importantly which new features will be introduced with this new feature.

Does somebody know?

0 Kudos
25 Replies
Lieven
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I still did not really get an explanation on my initial question.

The promotion VMware App Volumes 2.9 Promotion | United States has finished since May 31st, but there is still no version 2.9.

How is it possible to do a promotion for a non-existing product/version?

More than this: we do not even get a release date nor a description of the features and functionalities which will be available in this future to be released version.

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

My guess would be that this is still in NDA. I'm not quite sure how much VMWare/AppVolumes is willing to share with us in what is coming in new releases.

My guess is that they also have to check and see how they integrate Immidio into it.

And regarding the 2.9 version. Me and JHT allready said a long time ago that 2.9 would not be delivered at that short notice. To be honest i was surprised that they ever anounced that when it was clear that 2.7 was the next release to be delivered. My guess would be that (looking at the rate upgrades are delivered) 2.8 will be around July/August and 2.9 would be Oktober (at least Q4) but to be honest this is just guessing and trying to do the math Smiley Happy Smiley Happy.

0 Kudos
nuberaldhoore
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

App Volumes 2.9 is GA according to App Volumes 2.9 Now Available! | VMware End-User Computing Blog - VMware Blogs

However the documentation is not yet available and myvmware also has no sign yet of App Volumes 2.9

0 Kudos
sachindsharma
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Sorry about that - we usually post the bits in the morning, but had a delay so they'll be posted a little later today.

0 Kudos
nuberaldhoore
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. It would help if you could already post the documentation and the release notes to this forum.

0 Kudos