VMware Horizon Community
matthiasFF
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Appvolumes v2.10/v3.0 release date?

Does anyone have an approximate release date for the next version?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nckmrtn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It looks like 2.10 is going to be released today, the release notes can be found here.

edit: and it's now available for download.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Will there ever be one??? Only one who knows is Appvolumes itself and i don't think they will spill the word here Smiley Happy....

My guess is there will firstly be a 2.10 version (and maybe even 2.11 and 2.12) because I think that 3 will be teamed together with EUM and Airwatch as support for profile in writable volume will stop (which i still regret).

And when?? I think before end of this year so my guess would be end November, beginning of December Smiley Happy

Sadly I sold my crystal ball Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

MichaelSkoglund
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am also waiting for an answer on this as Office 365 is supposed to be supported in that release. The answer I have heard from VMWare is 4th quarter. It would be awesome to have a more concrete date but my guess is when VMWare says 4th quarter it will be around Christmas.

Kris_vL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I was told last Friday that release 2.10 will be available on November 20th, (this year). I don't have it black on white...

CPhelix
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I keep hearing Q4 too. Nov 20th would be nice! Just hopeful that it IS released this month or early Dec. I too am waiting for 2.10 for the Office 365 support. Version 2.9 mixed with O365 (aware its not supported) makes our linked clones run like they are possessed by gremlins lol.

0 Kudos
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Not quite the 20th and you would have been under NDA BTW getting that date...

Not x-mas though, soon.

0 Kudos
JaceJ
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Jason,

Will this release allow for upgrading from previous versions or is it still rip and re-install process?

0 Kudos
nckmrtn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It looks like 2.10 is going to be released today, the release notes can be found here.

edit: and it's now available for download.