VMware Horizon Community
jahos_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Appvolumes broker integration service performance

Hello,

Can someone explain me where exactly the performance gain lies when using the appvolumes broker integration service?

I installed it on one connection server, but I can't see any performance improvement compared with another connection server that does not have the integration service installed.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gaurav_Baghla
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Adding more Info:

Horizon View Broker integration service reports to manager, which can optimize the appstack mounting operation for the users who connect to their desktops through Horizon View Connection Servers.The service initiates the AppStack and writable volume mount process as soon as an entitled user requests a desktop from a View Connection Server.This can reduce the duration of the login process because the AppStack or writable volume mount process is started in the background before the Windows login is completed.

Regards Gaurav Baghla Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. https://twitter.com/garry_14

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
hockeyguyin714
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

What the App Volumes Broker Integration Service actually does is preemptively monitors User logons/computer assignments for View and notifies App Volumes to mount as soon as that occurs.

This is typically prior to user login being sent to the actual desktop.  This essentially gives App Volumes a head start on attachments.

Gaurav_Baghla
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Adding more Info:

Horizon View Broker integration service reports to manager, which can optimize the appstack mounting operation for the users who connect to their desktops through Horizon View Connection Servers.The service initiates the AppStack and writable volume mount process as soon as an entitled user requests a desktop from a View Connection Server.This can reduce the duration of the login process because the AppStack or writable volume mount process is started in the background before the Windows login is completed.

Regards Gaurav Baghla Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. https://twitter.com/garry_14
0 Kudos
jahos_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you both hockeyguyin714 and Gaurav_Baghla for your answer.

is there any logging on the integration service to see what it is actually doing? I ask it, because I don't really notice any performance difference when the service is installed / not installed. I would like to verify if it is working correcly.

0 Kudos
hockeyguyin714
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Check Windows Event Logs - Applications 

Joe1393
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm not seeing any performance increase either.  I've checked the windows event log but I'm not sure what I should be looking for.  I don't see anything specific to the service or App Volumes.  Any chance someone can post an example?

0 Kudos