VMware Horizon Community
djbradp1
Contributor
Contributor

Appvolumes and PowerBi

Does anyone know which table contains the list of users to appstack assignments? (same list that shows under the 'appstack assignments' section under directory>users in the GUI)

I am building a view that shows list of licensed applications with costs per user in PowerBI by joining data between these tables using SQL.

List of appstacks: dbo.snapvols

List of applications: dbo.snapvol_apps

List of users: dbo.users

List of Licensed Applications with costs: Manually created table

The table (snapvol_app_assignments) I would expect this to be in is empty.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Ciao

I took a look at my APPvolume test DB and I think it looks like this:

• In the table dbo.app_assignment_entities I find the mapping:

user (target_id) --> assigning the application (app_assignment_id)

fabio1975_0-1669933726367.png

• As you noticed in the dbo.users table I find my users, so from that table I associate the target_id (ID column of the table) to my user:

fabio1975_1-1669933726374.png

• while in the dbo.app_assignments table I translate the application assignment id (app_assignment_id, in this table it is l’id, found in the dbo.app_assignment_entities table) into the actual application id (app_product_id)

fabio1975_4-1669933775420.png

• I translate the defined ID of the application (app_product_id) to the name of the application in Table dbo_app_products

fabio1975_6-1669933821402.png

I give a practical example my user "Piccoli Brividi" has 3 applications associated so:

• In the table dbo.app_assignment_entities I find in column target_id three times the value 2
  • in the dbo.users table I find that id 2 corresponds to "Piccoli Brividi"

at this point we translate the application, "Piccoli Brividi" has the apps_Assignment_id 9,15 and 16

• In the dbo.app_assignments table I find that ID 9 is associated with app_product_id 5, 15 7 and 16 2
  • I go to the table dba_approducts and find out the name of the applications associated with my user "Piccoli Brividi"

App_product_id (id) 5 --> FoxitWin11

App_product_id (id) 7 --> IBM personal communication

App_product_id (id) 2 --> notepad++

and I correspond to what I see from GUI.

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

0 Kudos
Lovetta65
Contributor
Contributor

I'm especially stayed aware of the article and I will get many benefits from it. Subsequently, thank you for sharing it.

@djbradp1myBayCare wrote:

Does anyone know which table contains the list of users to appstack assignments? (same list that shows under the 'appstack assignments' section under directory>users in the GUI)

I am building a view that shows list of licensed applications with costs per user in PowerBI by joining data between these tables using SQL.

List of appstacks: dbo.snapvols

List of applications: dbo.snapvol_apps

List of users: dbo.users

List of Licensed Applications with costs: Manually created table

The table (snapvol_app_assignments) I would expect this to be in is empty.

0 Kudos
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

ciao

I saw that in my answer post not all images are displayed...here a link with the same answer and images:

AppVolume DB – How to see User – Application association – BIOLNX (vmvirtual.blog)

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

0 Kudos