VMware Horizon Community
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Appvolumes 2.16 has been released

As it seems yestarday version 2.16 of Appvolumes has been released as version 7.8 from View (but hey who cares Smiley Happy).

I will be test driving it today because they are lots of new features to get exited about..... Smiley Happy Smiley Happy..

If anyone else is going to test 2.16 as has some input to deliver please feel free..

29 Replies
LukaszDziwisz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Ray,

This is what I have in my Snapvol table

pastedImage_0.png

does it mean that we should be fine upgrading to 2.16?

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You should check the value of all columns of your appstacks. The only thing this printscreen shows you is that the default value of that record will be NULL or doesn't need to have a value.

Just do the following query and see what happens

select * from snapvols

where writable <> 1  (only if you have writables)

and type is not null

If you have 0 rows returned your good to go. As stated before, make a back-up of the database, you can always revert back to version 2.15 manager if you do not overwrite the database and do this at your own risk, I'm not a VMware employee...

0 Kudos
LukaszDziwisz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Great thank you Ray, I have checked the query and I have no rows affected. Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
dbrutus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Which March update fixed it exactly? I recently installed April 9 (KB4493509)  and I'm still seeing the issue. And it seems like if I don't install that update, it breaks modern authentication for Office365.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

I'm testing 2.16 in our environment that uses vhd attachments instead of vmdk attachments, and it looks like spaces in the appstack names fail to attach. This did work in 2.15 , and I haven't tested a vmdk yet.  Looks like it isn't adding %20 anymore as the error says

pastedImage_0.png

Which I has appstack test as the volume name. I'm opening an SR, but figured I'd share here as well.

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

What happens if you do an update and use an underscore instead of the space?

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

I'll have to try that, I was able to make one without a space an everything worked fine, and a new one with an underscore. We've always had always encoded the file names to replace them and other characters. Luckily I only have a few appstacks in this case, I'm  hoping it doesn't show up in our main production one that uses vmdk mounts, as there are quite a few,

0 Kudos
SchwarzC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We did do the upgrade to 2.16 and all went fine (new-installation), but I see now that certain users are getting their AppStacks deattached after some time and our vRealize goes crazy now. Is there a new timeout in 2.16 that de-attaches after some time?

0 Kudos
vXav
Expert
Expert

So from 2.13.2, would you recommend to upgrade to 2.15 then to 2.16 ?

Or will it make no difference?

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I would suggest testing it. There is no official statement saying you would need to go to 2.15 first, right?

It all depends on how your database is build up. If upgrade on test goes well I don't see any apparent reason not to upgrade to 2.16 directly