VMware Horizon Community
jeonghyeonglee
Contributor
Contributor

Appvolume is driving me crazy.

I am having a hard time understanding some situations in the environment using View 6 and App volume 2.9.
I would like to help those who have tried app volume

Current Status
1. The user program installation after appstack is connected is initialized when the virtual machine is rebooted.

2. To solve this problem due to the installation program disappearing when rebooting, we applied the registry of "CleanSystemWritable" described in 2.9 version user manual.
The installed programs remain, but there is a lot of content stored on the local disk, so there is no space on the local disk.

(Due to the lack of storage capacity, the disk size of the user VM is limited to 40G, and when the basic setting is completed, about 10G of free space is left. After applying appvolume registry over a week, SVROOT folder of about 8G is created.)

3. I tried to enable Writable volume (uia only). When I used it alone, the installation state of the program was saved and it seemed to be no problem.

However, while appstack was being added, the user's program was not saved again.

Questioning

1. By default, when using appstack in a desktop environment, is it normal to have the user installation program removed  ???

2.  Can I use Writable Volume and appstack at the same time?

3. If it is available, please explain how to use it at the same time without initializing the user installation program.

Thank you for reading my article. I would like to ask a lot of advice on troubleshooting.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Questioning

1. By default, when using appstack in a desktop environment, is it normal to have the user installation program removed  ???

Yes. App Volumes does not capture the user profile space (C:\users\<username>)

2.  Can I use Writable Volume and appstack at the same time?

Yes you can.

3. If it is available, please explain how to use it at the same time without initializing the user installation program.

UIA only will capture only user installed applications and not profiles or data. Please use Writable volumes (UIA + Profile) to capture user profile space.

0 Kudos