VMware Horizon Community
mhu1990
Contributor
Contributor

Appvol UIA/Profile - which paths saved?

Hello,

we using VDI Instant Clones with Appvol (UIA/Profile) and my customers asked me, which directory and regpathes are saved/backed up from appvolumes and which are reset after refresh to default?

Do you have a overview about this?

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kmgp
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

UIA Only writable captures everything except \users
Profile Only writable captures only \Users
UIA Plus Profile writable captures everything

Here is a introduction to different writables.

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-App-Volumes/2206/app-volumes-admin-guide/GUID-9A244BE4-4FFA-437A-9...

GURU

Views expressed in here are my own.
0 Kudos
mhu1990
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Guru,

thanks for the link and calrification. When I add something in the "HKEY_LOCAL_MASCHINE" or add a file into the C:\Windows than, after a reboot the changes are lost and they "recover" the original golden image. 

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
kmgp
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello Martin,

Could you please share the location of HKLM that you are trying to roam across sessions?

C:\Windows is outside of the User Profile. This cannot be persisted across sessions.

Thanks

GURU

Views expressed in here are my own.
0 Kudos
FDST92
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar question because I need to change a permission on the %programfiles%\SoftwareName\Version\xxx  folder.

I do what I need during the capture and then it works well on the site same site I captured. Then there is a replication intersite and on site B the permissions don't apply. We use same base image on Site A and Site B.

Do you see something wrong?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos