VMware Horizon Community
Tastatur20
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Appstack prevent Registry cmd command in path HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Hello,

i have a problem: when i assign my account to a appstack, the cmd command in the registry path HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run doens´t work.

The command works fine, this is´t the problem.

It would be nice if somebody could help me.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tastatur20
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

the solution of this problem was, that the cmd command needed the ".EXE" so the command was "cmd.exe ..."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

You cannot add a HKCU key in an appstack, everything stored in either HKCU in the registry or C:\Users is not registered or captured within the appstack.

If you want to do anything in the user part you need to use DEM.

Tastatur20
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello Ray_handels,

i use the DEM with the registry settings which contains the cmd command

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

So with DEM you are setting the Run key in the HKCU and that doesn't work? I'm not quite sure if DEM can set that key before it will actually run in Windows itself, could be a timing issue.

I'd suggest putting that on the DEM forum. You have a better option there.

Also keep in mind that during login, Appvolumes releases the logon process already, even if not all appstacks are attached. This could mean that the application simply isn't there when you try to run it using the run key in the registry.

0 Kudos
Tastatur20
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

yes, exactly.

this cmd command sets the default programs which the user have set before logoff, so there isn´t a program from an appstack

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

You do know that version 9.11 of DEM has this build in so you don't need that command anymore to set the FTA for users?

0 Kudos
Tastatur20
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

no i didn´t know that

and how can i do that?

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Make sure to upgrade the manager to version 9.11 and then go to Personalization --> Windows Settings.

Select Create Config File --> Use a Windows Common Setting and then there will be an option that states Default Applications - FTA's and Protocols.

This should do the trick as well.

Tastatur20
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

the solution of this problem was, that the cmd command needed the ".EXE" so the command was "cmd.exe ..."

0 Kudos