VMware Horizon Community
RevKev71
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Applications keep trying to install

After creating an AppStack with Attachmate Reflections it keeps wanting to install when it is attached to the VMs.  When I did the install I opened all the apps to ensure it worked with no problem.  Any ideas as to what I may be missing...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dmmcsherry
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Look at the Event Viewer on a machine experiencing the installation. Generally right after it tries to run the install you will see an event for Source MsiInstaller which will give you more information into what the application is missing. When this happens there could be a number of things missing, generally could be a registry key value that is missing or files that get installed into the current user profile that are not captured despite installing for all users.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Can you double check if the application is installed on the provisioning VM as per-machine and not per-user?

0 Kudos
RevKev71
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It appears to all be going to c:\program files and c:\programdata

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Have you seen any error code other than 0 after rebooting provisioning VM?

0 Kudos
dmmcsherry
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Look at the Event Viewer on a machine experiencing the installation. Generally right after it tries to run the install you will see an event for Source MsiInstaller which will give you more information into what the application is missing. When this happens there could be a number of things missing, generally could be a registry key value that is missing or files that get installed into the current user profile that are not captured despite installing for all users.

0 Kudos
RevKev71
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you... pulled the event viewer and found it was trying to install a prereq that was missing on the parent image.

0 Kudos