VMware Horizon Community
fishizza1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Application not being applied

I captured an application for Notepad++ and applied it to a pool of instant clones however the app does not appear when I log into any of the clones.  I have created other applications that are being successfully applied (MS Edge, Adobe etc.) so I know it is working.  When on any of the clones I check C:\Program Files (x86)\CloudVolumes\Agent\logs\svservice.log file and do not see any mention of Notepad++

I assign the applications via AD group which I know works as I use the same group for the other successfully deployed apps.  I tried completely deleting the Application in App Volume manager and re-capturing it without success.

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this.  Thanks in advance

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Ciao 

can you confirm that in the logs there are no references to the VMDK created for the NOTEPAD ++ application? In the past a similar situation happened to me but trivially the icon was not created on the desktop but if I looked for the program it appeared.
Have you verified that the application VMDK is hooked to the VM?

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

0 Kudos
fishizza1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for your response.

I probably should have waited a little longer before posting this as I just found the answer.  I am using the Evaluation license and looks like that limits you to 3 volumes and Notepad++ would have been my 4th so it is just ignoring it

0 Kudos