VMware Horizon Community
romeoblues
Contributor
Contributor

AppVolumes issue with authentication

Received the following error when trying to logon to the AppVolumes admin web console:

Failed to connect to ActiveDirectory.
You must reconfigure after login.

Unsure what is causing this issue, had to reboot the AppVolume server able to log back in.

Verified the appvolumes service was running. This has occurred twice within hours.

anyone else experiencing this issue?

5 Replies
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What version are you running? Please make sure you are using the GA release at a minimum. This was a issue with the Early Access release.

0 Kudos
romeoblues
Contributor
Contributor

Product version: 2.5.0.1154

Running on Windows2012 R2 Standard

0 Kudos
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This is the correct version and interestingly enough this error just happened to me on my test environment.. I had some corrupted data on the AD box that went through a chkdsk. Rebooted and re established my AD connection. It was not an App Volumes issue but an AD connection problem. Please ensure that your AD is not having any other issues. One thing that I noticed was a loss of trust on a client VM trying to log in. If all looks well would be good to take a look at the logs and see what might be happening.

0 Kudos
bjm534
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Working on this issue with @romeoblues.

We found in the logs that the AD controllers are taking over 3200ms to respond. We wanted to try and narrow this down to just one or two DC's for searching the AD. The AD integration screen only allows you to put in one domain controller if you want to specify a host. Is there a way to put multiple specific hosts in there? We've tried separating the entries by comma, space and semi-colon.

-Brad
0 Kudos
romeoblues
Contributor
Contributor

After adding a specific host to the  Domain Controller Host Name: field under Configuration --> Active directory the issue has subsided.

Upon further investigation, @bjm534 found a rogue IP address to a non existing domain controller. This will be removed and testing will continue, although I am fairly confident this will resolve the issue.