VMware Horizon Community
bl44t
Contributor
Contributor

AppVolumes Version: 2.12.1.103 AD user old DN issue

Hi,

We are running Appvolumes Version: 2.12.1.103. We have a problem that when a user is deleted in the AD and decides to come back to the company the user is still active in AppVolumes with his old DN.. Everything looks fine until the user logs in.App volumes is still holding on to the old SID. How can I fix this? When this occurs we have to give the same user a new different login name. Say jdoe2 instead of the jdoe company policy.

Does AppVolume not clean its Database when a AD user is deleted?

Thanks!

So I have tested again, Created user John Doe. Tested if everything worked. Logged user off. Deleted the AD account of John Doe. Did a sync in AppVolumes. The user remained found in App Volumes. Then created the user in the exact same way. After this we got errors as in the attached files

0 Kudos
4 Replies
techguy129
Expert
Expert

AppVolume sync's users every 4 hours. In my case, it does not delete the user. It instead will disable the user. If you go under Directory Tab - User Tab and click on the user it will say "Disabled, verify the user exists and is enabled in ActiveDirectory"

In your case, try the sync button under the user from the Directory Tab to see if it will update it.

If that does not work, you can update the user in the database or delete the user. This something I've done in the past. Use this as last resort. Be sure you have a backup of the writable volume. It will need to be reassign

Use [AppVolDatabseName]

Delete from dbo.users where account_name='jdoe';

0 Kudos
bl44t
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for you answer. If I would need to update the user in the SQL database. What is the field that I need to change?

Where does appvol look at for a user? the DN is exactly the same.

0 Kudos
techguy129
Expert
Expert

There is an objectGUID on your user account. That needs to match the column object_guid. I believe that is what App volumes keys off of.

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I would not suggest tampering with the database.

Normally, if you recreate the user it should sync it automatically but only does this from version 2.12.1.103 and onwards. The older version did not sync this. If you for example moved a user from 1 OU to another it would not get this and disable the user.

0 Kudos