VMware Horizon Community
EChampagne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

AppVolumes 3.0 - Getting Started / AppCapture Incomplete

Hi,

I do have configure mostly all steps in the getting started wizard ... but the step AppCapture is still incomplet and I don't exactly what to do to complet it.

AppCapture - Run the App Volumes capture tool to scan your available applications and add them. Complete this step outside the Getting Started, before creating an App Assignment.

PS : I do have realized a AppCapture for WinZIP and I do have copied all files in the ShareFile folder, that part is already done.

Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EChampagne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Fixed! ... My AppStack Datastore Prefix under VCenter Configuration was badly written. After the change, my AppStack did with AppCapture is now available in the inventory and the Green check mark is completed.

Thanks all.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This is a bit confusing. The AppCapture process is a standalone process of capturing the applications and then placing them on a share that AV3 will then automatically import for you/ Once you have done that the getting started portion of the wizard goes green. It does not stop you though and you can move on in the interface. There is a section in the Admin guide on AppCapture that should help.

0 Kudos
EChampagne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I do have read 12000 time the documentation ... I didn't find the place reported by you. Are you able to copy/paste it here ... I feel so stupid passing so many hours on this little portion ...

0 Kudos
EChampagne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Fixed! ... My AppStack Datastore Prefix under VCenter Configuration was badly written. After the change, my AppStack did with AppCapture is now available in the inventory and the Green check mark is completed.

Thanks all.

Smoke14
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I'm at this same point, what do you mean by 'AppStack Datastore Prefix under vCenter Configuration was badly written'? Was there something I missed that was suppose to be configured in vCenter?

Mike_A
0 Kudos
EChampagne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

During the VCenter Configuration there's 2 fields at the end asking for AppStack Datastore Prefix and Writable Datastore Prefix. You need to enter a EXISTING DATASTORE NAME there that is recognized by ALL of your ESXi servers.

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Make sure NOT to use the datastore you already have a installation of Cloudvolumes on.

Thing is that you can't change the folder that is being used and on that datastore a folder name cloudvolumes is created with 4 subfolders. I hav no idea what will happen if these are production stacks..

0 Kudos
EChampagne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I did the test we do have 2.10 and 3.0 (in lab) both are connected to the same Datastore (we have vSAN) ... actually, i didn't see problem. Also just in case, I have change all paths (cloudvolumes/xxxxxx) inside the configution of 2.10.

0 Kudos