VMware Horizon Community
obie3335
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

AppVolumes 2.7 not keeping applications installed on provisioning virtual machine

using AppVolumes 2.7 - Windows 7 for the Provisioning machine, Windows 2012 R2 for the manager,

Everything is working great until I install an application onto the provisioning server, once I click on Ok to reboot, the application disappears. Gone!

Tried, local admin permissions, domain admin permissions. Both allow me to install an application with AppVolumes involved and restart multiple times and the application is still there.

Once the option of Provisioning is added the applications will not stay installed on the reboot.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dmmcsherry
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I only noticed in 2.7 also, but I still revert to clean snapshot once complete.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
dmmcsherry
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This is expected behavior. Once you click ok, it reboots, you logon again and click ok to finish the provisioning process. You will not see the application after you click ok and reboot. Have you tried assigning the appstack once completed?

0 Kudos
obie3335
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

yes, I have finished the whole process after I assign the application to a user and launch the virtual desktop - the application is not seen and a drive is not added to the VM as I would suspect.

0 Kudos
dmmcsherry
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Assuming these are view linked clone VMs, do you have the AV agent installed on the Gold/Master image? Are you seeing any errors under System Messages on the manager?

0 Kudos
obie3335
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I will confirm that the agent is on the parent image... cannot get to until tomorrow morning..

0 Kudos
obie3335
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

reinstalled the agent on the parent image, recomposed the pool and it is working.  thank you, did not think to check the agent on the parent VM.

So the application no longer staying on the provisioning VM is that new in 2.7? I was pretty sure we always reverted back to a snapshot but I could be mistaken.

0 Kudos
dmmcsherry
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I only noticed in 2.7 also, but I still revert to clean snapshot once complete.

0 Kudos
obie3335
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

thank you so much... it seems odd that it goes away

0 Kudos