VMware Horizon Community
bjm534
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

AppVolumes 2.5 second appstack doesn't show in OS

I have appvolumes deployed, and I have successfully created one appstack that has 3 applications in it (chrome, adobe reader, and Notepad++) for testing. I attach this to a non-persistent desktop with the AppVolumes agent installed and it works good. I went back to my capture VM and reverted the snapshot, created a new appstack and installed firefox. After completing the capture process I attached the new appstack to the same VM/user as the original appstack. The new appstack does not show firefox in the VM. It appears that the new appstack VMDK is attached to the VM, but I don't see a firefox shortcut on the desktop, it doesn't show up in program files either. I was originally thinking that maybe it had something to do with having mulitple disks attached to the windows 7x 64 VM. I was thinking maybe it was a storage controller issue, but it appears the default LSI logic SAS controller should take up to 15 HDD's. That's where my day ended I'll be back tomorrow to take a look more, but suggestions are welcome.

-Brad
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bjm534
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Figured it out. We still had the Evaluation license installed, which by default only allows 1 appstack to be attached, per user, at a time. We installed the real license and it is working as expected.

-Brad

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
bjm534
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Figured it out. We still had the Evaluation license installed, which by default only allows 1 appstack to be attached, per user, at a time. We installed the real license and it is working as expected.

-Brad
0 Kudos