VMware Horizon Community
danielmgrinnell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

AppVolumes 2.11 + UEM 9 MS Outlook Updating Everything each login

Hey All,

I am running AppVols 2.11 and have created an AppStack including Microsoft office products and am trying to figure out the best way to have outlook stay persistent across multiple desktops. I am using instant and linked clones and when i login i use the combination of UEM + AppVols, and my MS AppStack attaches great, but when i open up outlook it starts downloading all the mail and calendar updates, which makes sense but is there a way to redirect the OST to potentially a writable volume or to have it redirect to a User share with UEM?  

Thanks!!

1 Solution
3 Replies
danielmgrinnell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey Lakshman,

Excellent recommendation, this article is great. I imported the ADMX for all office components into my UEM and attached the writable volume and configured an ADMX setting specifying the default location for the ost files @ C:\snapvolumestemp\writable, but when i login and the appstack with office and writable volumes attach and i open up outlook it still builds the OST in the default user appdata location. What am i missing here..??

Thanks!

0 Kudos
danielmgrinnell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Again what a great recommendation and great work by Sachin Sharma this worked great and was easy to configure, just keep in mind the ADMX are GPO based and may take time to sync up that was why i wasnt seeing the OST redirect right away.

Managing OST Files with App Volumes & User Environment Manager - VMware Blogs

Thanks guys!!

0 Kudos