VMware Horizon Community
Lantasia
Contributor
Contributor

AppVolume Microsoft Lync

Hello guys,

i do have a question about Lync. My company is now using appstacks instead of ThinApps. I have a few problems with Microsoft Lync. I created a Lync AppStack. I just followed the installation instructions and started the software with my admin account. At the first start - Lync configures "something". I was sure, when i do this, the "configuration" is in the appstack.

I tested the stack but every single day when i start my futro client where i get a virtual client, the configuration starts again. I am not sure what does Lync configures. Probably something in my userprofile or in my registry. Does someone know what Lync is doing there?

Would be nice!

best regards,

Stefan

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
gpeck29adv
Contributor
Contributor

Stefan,

You most likely will need some sort of profile management. We are using AppVolumes with non-persistent VM's that refresh after log off. Our Lync is installed, not in an AppStack, but in the base image with Office, but the refresh of the desktop will cause the reconfiguration. We overcome that with Liquidware Labs ProfileUnity.

0 Kudos
Gaurav_Baghla
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As gpeck29advgpeck29adv mentioned you need a profiling solution.

If comfortable you can use Writable volumes using App volumes as well.

Regards Gaurav Baghla Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. https://twitter.com/garry_14
0 Kudos
FROGGY_VMware
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As mentioned a profile solution should help solve your problem, and if your company has App Volumes you might have Horizon Enterprise licensing which includes User Environment Manager (UEM), which is our profiling solution.

0 Kudos