VMware Horizon Community
danielmgrinnell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

AppVols 2.12 not mounting on my Instant Clone Parent VM

I updated my App Volume manager and clients on my Parent VM's and i have two parent vm's for composer and instant clones and for whatever reason when i log into my Instant Clone Parent vm my appstack doesn't mount, but it does mount on my Linked Clone Parent.

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
kmgp
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

• Are you able to mount the appstack directly to the VM? This is to rule out any connectivity issues with datastore, vsphere and the VM under test.
  • To configure communication between the AppVolumes manager and the agent in AV 2.12 you may consider having a look at this KB article. Using SSL Certificates with App Volumes Manager (2148178) | VMware KB

GURU

Views expressed in here are my own.
0 Kudos
danielmgrinnell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey KMGP,

I reinstalled the AppVolume Agent on the Parent and made sure i could hit the manager and also accepted my vCenter Certificate manually on my App Volume Manager and then my app stack was mounting.

Thanks for the suggestion!

0 Kudos
danielmgrinnell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I also updated my AppVolumes License to 2.12.

0 Kudos
szilagyic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

We are having a problem right now with "error code 500" from any client that has the agent.  It's not mounting any AppStacks or Writables.  We were on version 2.11 and it was working, but after upgrading it now forces SSL by default which is fine but the agent is not able to communicate entirely.  The interesting thing is the VM that the agent is running on is showing up in the AppVol console and is connected, and the Writable shows up as "attached" in the console also... but the user does not see it attached from the VM itself.

I currently have a ticket open with VMware and am waiting on a response.

0 Kudos
SAsselin007
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You're too quick, I was going to reply when I saw this a few weeks ago but I saw your updated post. Updating the agent and validating cert is definitely a common issue we have been seeing since the changes on cert validation...

Good catch Daniel

0 Kudos
SAsselin007
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos