VMware Horizon Community
KenAllenDSP
Contributor
Contributor

AppVol slow to during capture.

Quick question and new to the platform. Currently adding software to the Appvol stack and have notice the process being awfully slow. When adding the same software while not having capturing on, same application installs quickly. Have added other packages, just notice the install time with capture on and off  show a big time difference. Should my install time very much between capture on/off? What would be some of the possible cause I could look at, or is this normal? Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Nope, time should not differ that much to be honest. What application are you trying to package and what version of Appvolumes are you using?

0 Kudos
KenAllenDSP
Contributor
Contributor

MS Visio was one that we noticed. Without the capture on, the install took 10 mins. When we started the capturing process it took 40mins. Just wanted to know what to expect when installing these different apps. Thanks for the quick response.

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I haven't seen this behaviour to be honest. Maybe a wrong Appvolumes version? If you are using Appvolumes 4 I would suggest using 4.2 if possible.

0 Kudos