VMware Horizon Community
pbastiaans1
Contributor
Contributor

AppVol not attaching when connecting via Horizon Client

This is a new instance of VDI, I have two pools DEV and PROD, certificates are not created at this moment.

I can console into the VMs and app volumes attach.

Same snapshot as other working pool (PROD), other than removing an application that has since been packaged. All clients were removed and installed in order.

Looking for a solution 🙂 ...or recommended troubleshooting, logs to review, suggestions, comments...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mickeybyte
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

@pbastiaans1 

Start by checking the AppVolumes activity log: Do you see a computer startup message when the VDI starts up? If not, then the VDI is never reaching the AppVolumes manager.

On the VDI you can check the logs in c:\program files (x86)\CloudVolumes\Agent\Logs for any relevant messages.

Regards,
Mickeybyte (ITPro blog)

If you found this comment useful or an answer to your question, please mark as 'Solved' and/or click the 'Kudos' button, please ask follow-up questions if you have any.
0 Kudos
pbastiaans1
Contributor
Contributor

I consoled into a different VM from that pool, no app stacks, same behavior as VDI.

App Volumes service was not running.

I noticed the time was not correct, updated the time zone on the golden image, resnapped and it seems to be working. I will retest in a few hours to find out if time is getting updated correctly during domain join.

I'm not sure if this is the resolution or an indicator of underlying network/AD configuration issues.

Thanks for the reply!