VMware Horizon Community
rmfitzhugh
Contributor
Contributor

AppStack provisioning not working

Ran into a "fun" issue using AppVols 2.11 (new install). Whenever we try to provision an AppStack (provisioning desktop is Win10), the little pop ups (attached as image examples) never appear in the provisioning desktop (but the disk attaches successfully) and so the provisioning process never kicks off. Windows Firewall and Defender are disabled and am using a local account. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Are you already logging into the provision VM before "provision" a new appstack?

Could you try logoff and login back and check please?

0 Kudos
rmfitzhugh
Contributor
Contributor

I log in after "provision" new appstack and nothing.

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Is the machine a domain member and if so, do you happen to have any kind of policies going on that might block the startup of the provisioning process?

My guess is that you would see such message in the event viewer.

0 Kudos
rmfitzhugh
Contributor
Contributor

The VM is on the domain but is an OU that blocks GPO inheritance. Running RSOP shows everything as undefined.

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Any info in the svservice logfile?? Or the event viewer. I would guess that it is trying to start up the provisioning process.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

I would check the production.log file on the appvolumes manager server. This shows more then the system tab in the activity area in the GUI, and may provide additional information. We push ours to a syslog server so we can tail that log and watch when things aren't working

0 Kudos