VMware Horizon Community
BungeBash
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

AppStack + Windows 10 + VHD

Trying out AppStacks, and we deploy with VHD. The VHD for AppStacks do not seem to attach in the Operating system.  I can manually mount the VHD and the provisioning process starts and the Pop-ups appear. 

Once finalized and assigned to a user the same issue occurs.  App Volume Manager says the AppStack is attached, but it is not attached in the OS until I manually do so.

Looking at the System messages I'm getting:

Jan 26 2016 03:04PM

Unable to attach "\\server\vols\cloudvolumes\apps\office365.vhd" (Access is denied.
(error: 5)

Jan 26 2016 03:02PM

Unable to attach "\\server\vols\cloudvolumes\apps\office365.vhd" (Access is denied.

Jan 26 2016 02:58PM

Jan 26 2016 02:35PM

Here's the registry from my machine.  Not sure why it's showing Hypervisor as vcenter if the app volume manager defines as VHD.

regsitry.PNG

Running App Volumes 2.10 agent and server.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VirtualSven
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Are you sure you have the permissions on the share set up correctly? see: Configure VHD In-Guest Storage

Sven Huisman VMware vExpert 2009-2016 Twitter: @svenh blog: svenhuisman.com

View solution in original post

4 Replies
VirtualSven
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Are you sure you have the permissions on the share set up correctly? see: Configure VHD In-Guest Storage

Sven Huisman VMware vExpert 2009-2016 Twitter: @svenh blog: svenhuisman.com
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

My thought also.. Looking at the second screenshot everything seeems to be quite allright (other then suggesting using port 443 for traffic between agent and manager Smiley Happy).

0 Kudos
BungeBash
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'll double check that specific folder.  I will say the writable volumes mount just fine.  I've tested appstacks with and without writable volumes and was getting the same result.

0 Kudos
BungeBash
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Boom!  I meant to post earlier! Thank you this was the issue.  Writables when dynamic don't need "domain computers" read access.  AppStacks are treated differently and do.  Now my office 365 is up and running!!

0 Kudos