VMware Horizon Community
Maarten_Caus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

App volumes 2.12 CutePDF installed in golden Image and appstack connected = PDF printer, fax and xps printer disconnect?

Hi,

I did a clean install of App volumes 2.12 and recreated all my appstacks. I installed CutePDF in my base image Windows 8.1 pro and than everything works fine.

When I attach any appstack the PDF printer, XPS printer and the Fax are disconnected.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Maarten

Tags (1)
70 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I believe that you need to change the writables (not quite sure about appstacks) that have logged in (NOT created) when the 2.12 agent was active.

But to be honest a week after 2.12, 2.12.1 was released that fixed this issue so are you sure you are using version 2.12?

0 Kudos
MikeC3964
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Ray_handels,

Yes, we're on 2.12, not 2.12.1. That's too bad I missed the 2.12.1 release, but it is what it is I guess. We're not using writable appstacks in our environment right now, just App stacks. I'm hoping just the upgrade to 2.13.1 will resolve it for us, and we won't have to rebuild anything. Any confirmation would be great Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I'm not 100% sure about that as it could be that the masking of the print connection has already been done within the appstack.

So my guess is you need to test it with 2.13.1 and see if it works.

0 Kudos
MikeC3964
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for your response. I'm looking online, but hopefully someone sees this and have gone through this first Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
SchwarzC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey Mike,

We had the same issue as described above - 2.12.1 and also 2.13 did fix this issue for us without any intervention from our side. Just upgrade the Manager and the Agent and that`s it. (from my memory)

0 Kudos
MikeC3964
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the feedback SchwarzC. Unfortunately, just going to 2.13.1, didn't resolve the issue for us. We're still working with support to finally get this fixed. It's been going on for too long.

Thanks,
Mike

0 Kudos
alsmk2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

2.12 did fix the issue for one of our sites; however, since moving to 2.13.1 the issue has re-appeared, though intermittently (around 50% of random users are affected daily).

0 Kudos
MikeC3964
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi alsmk2​,

Going to 2.13.1 helped a bit, but didn't resolve it completely for us. I learned that if I ordered the app assignments a certain way, they would see all of the printers at all times, but this wasn't feasible. I isolated a couple problematic app stacks, and had really good luck, rebuilding these using a new template.

Thanks,

Mike

Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hey Mike,

That was indeed the issue and I believe that it has been stated somewhere on the forum (could be this thread) that if you did have appstacks created with the false 2.12 agent it would still have the printer issue within the appstack. For as far as I could see it didn't have anything to do with the template but with the agent the appstack has been created.

You could fix it without rebuilding but to be honest my guess is you'd be better off with just recreating the appstacks.

0 Kudos
Automatt1c
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I actually didn't have any printer issues until upgrading to 2.13.2 from 2.12.1. I think we had an old issues back with appvolumes 2.10.  We discovered that there was service that was linked to a virtual printer and we had to set up the service in the Appstack to have a delayed start.

Since going to 2.13.2 we cannot add any printers other than the ones in the app-stacks and in the base image. Network printers don't work at all.

0 Kudos
liorshe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

The issue continues in version 2.14.....

Each version has other issues .... they do not  testing  before they release the new version ??!!

0 Kudos