VMware Horizon Community
GMBSFreak
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

App Volumes support for Windows 10 version 1703 / 1709

Hi

I have read that currently Windows 10 version 1607 is supported  for App Volumes.

How it looks for App Volumes support of Windows 10 version 1703 / 1709.

Kind regrds

Sven

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jdesm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Win10 1703 support will be added for App Volumes 2.13.

Future Win 10 versions on 2.13 are not clear as we don’t know what changes might be in these builds. Each version will be addressed as it is released. A safe assumption is that each version may require some level of agent upgrade or migration of volumes to support.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
jdesm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Win10 1703 support will be added for App Volumes 2.13.

Future Win 10 versions on 2.13 are not clear as we don’t know what changes might be in these builds. Each version will be addressed as it is released. A safe assumption is that each version may require some level of agent upgrade or migration of volumes to support.

0 Kudos
szilagyic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

What about Win10 1709, specifically?  I haven't seen any mention of it (so far), in the App Volumes documentation, even with AppVol 2.13.2.

0 Kudos
ttransocal
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

App Volumes 2.13.2 has issue with Windows 10 version 1709.  When I initiate a new session, within a minute or two, the active session would disconnect for a few seconds and reconnect.  Then, I installed the App Volumes agent from the parent VM, snapshot, and recompose.  The result is no issue.  The session is stable.

App Volumes on Windows 10 v1703 is stable.  I wonder when VMware will update the App Volumes since Microsoft is pushing 1709 as of Jan. 18, 2018.  VMware is falling behind.

0 Kudos
fdrietatns
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Please see if this corrects the specific issue with drive redirection:

VMware Knowledge Base

I've used this to enable provisioning of windows 10 1709 on view agent version 6.2.1 which doesn't work otherwise.

0 Kudos
jdesm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

A bit late in replying, but 1709 is not supported as of yet with the latest App Volumes version (2.13.3)

You can see supported Agent OS versions here:

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-App-Volumes/2.13.3/App-Volumes-Install-Guide-2-13-3.pdf#page=9

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

App Volumes on Windows 10 v1703 is stable.  I wonder when VMware will update the App Volumes since Microsoft is pushing 1709 as of Jan. 18, 2018.  VMware is falling behind.

Everyone and his mother is falling behind. The rate in which Microsoft is pushing upgrades is bizarre.

Forcing a company into upgrading an entire OS (yes, it is simply a new OS not just a new build number) every 6 months is simply not possible. If you only have a few hundred machines it might just be an option but if you are using VDI you normally are a somewhat bigger company with a few thousand machines.

I believe that I have heard or seen a statement that VMWare tries to support new version 6 weeks after release..

0 Kudos
solgaeDK
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

It also doesn't help that build 1709 had some massive issues when it was released. Just look at the known issues on every update history for build 1709. I personally was affected by the USB issue and the blue screen issue. This is quite possibly one of the worst Windows build they ever made. So much for being "mass deployment ready" with their new semi-annual release model instead of the previous current branch/current branch for business model.

0 Kudos
MeharC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes ..it is working and supported same we have used and tested working fine.

0 Kudos