VMware Horizon Community
jwininger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

App Volumes licensing - where is the VMware license key applied?

We have applied the Desktop product license key file that was downloaded via the My VMware website.  How is the actual VMware provided license key applied?  We assume it's needed to attach volumes to RDS servers.

10 Replies
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Under the Configuration > License tab there is an edit button. You can upload teh license form there and is only needed on the App Volumes Manager.

0 Kudos
jwininger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We used that process to upload the license file that we downloaded via the My VMware site.  However, that license key seems generic and doesn't match the count we see with our own App Volumes license key.  Also, the file provided doesn't give the option to attach volumes to servers...only desktops.  We have Horizon Enterprise licensing.  I figured there would be a place to copy the actual key, rather than uploading a file.

0 Kudos
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Is it possible to show a screen shot of the license tab from Manager?

0 Kudos
jwininger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

AppVolumes.JPG

0 Kudos
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This is the correct one. Please note that servers are not supported from a pure server workload perspective (IIS, SQL, etc) It is supported for RDSH hence you can see desktops only but it also has Terminal Users and that is for RDSH. It should allow you to do a machine assignment to an RDSH server but not user based assignment for RDSH.

0 Kudos
AlBalushi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all

we have purchased  3X 10 pack of Horizon view enterprise license which will included the APP Volume

however ,when i try to put the key in app volume configuration page it is asking about license key file (which i doesn't have )only text key!

00207-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

APPVOLKEY.PNG

anyone has the same issues how to sort-it out

Regards

SB.Mohammed

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You should be able to download the license file in your MyVMWare account.

It is a bit counter intuitive to be honest but you should be able to go to the download section, choose Appvolumes there, then the "Go To Downloads" button and a key file should be there.

AlBalushi
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks dear  it works...

where to get the key

where to get the Appvol key.PNG

it works.PNG

Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

There is no key and you don't need any, this is just informational.

I have no idea if this will ever be changed in near future, could well be. For now you just need to add the Appvolumes license and you can use (for as far as I can see technically) as much of the license as is available.

0 Kudos
Hanson2020
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That mean i can use app volume PROF edition  for 50000 users?

i pay only for 10 standart

0 Kudos