VMware Horizon Community
Lieven
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

App Volumes and versions

I installed App Volumes 2.7 servers and have a Windows 7 machine containing the App volumes 2.7 Agent that I use to create appstacks.

When I however look in the details of the appstacks I create I see "Versions: 2.7.0.816U (agent), 2.6.0.0 (capture)".

Is this a bug?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dmmcsherry
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I believe that is correct as that is how my newly captured AppStacks using the latest templates look as well. I can't say whether it's supposed to be showing as that version or not however.

Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

What happens when you create an appstack is that it copies the original template file you copied to the datastore. In there there is a file with the version of the template to keep track of what has and hasn'changed. Normally, if it says 2.6 and you have 2.7 installed i would update the template file by using the Appvolumes manager. This way your 100% sure you have the correct template. Also, they don't always update the template file accordingly to the AppVolumes version (i have seen some differences there). No worries though, it is just informational (telling you which template version is being used).