VMware Horizon Community
MJG08
Contributor
Contributor

App Volumes Provisioning Machine

Author :

URL : http:////docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-App-Volumes/2.12.1/com.vmware.appvolumes.user.doc/GUID-3C9DAA91-F...

Topic Name : Introduction to VMware App Volumes

Publication Name : VMware App Volumes User Guide

Product/Version : VMware App Volumes/2.12.1

Question :

I’m using AV 2.14. Considering the AV Provisioning Machine should closely resemble the Master Image VM and if you have apps installed on the master you should install them on the Pro Machine, can I just clone the Master VM? I would think I could use the clone as the Provisioning Machine. Would this be a good idea? I’m also following the “Creating an optimized Windows image for a VMWare Horizon Virtual Desktop”

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Yes cloning the master image for a desktop pool is recommended

0 Kudos
SchwarzC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Please do not fortget to remove all filter drivers (AV, Horizon Agent, ..)

0 Kudos
Nick_A671
Contributor
Contributor

SchwarzC,

Would you happen to know an article that discusses this in detail? What are the repercussions if not adhered to?

0 Kudos
SchwarzC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Well it is in the official best practices for this kind of machine

The provisioning system should not have antivirus agents, VMware Horizon with View agent, or any other filter driver applications installed or enabled.

Best Practices for Provisioning Virtual Machines and Applications

Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

At the end of the day I think it will still work as the entire VMWare folder is being excluded from the appstack (and the writable) but as said by schwarzC it is best practice.. Also, in my experience with GSS they will always ask for this if you have an issue with an appstack.