VMware Horizon Community
VMTRB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

App Volumes Install: SQL AD Authentication

I am attempting to install App Voulmes Manager right now. I have a SQL 2012 alwayson database setup. I have assigned an AD account (called AppVolumes) assigned to the database as the db_owner. In the install wizard I select "Connect to an Exiting SQL Server Database". On the next screen I enter the SQL listener name and port, then I select "Sever authentication using the Login ID and password below". I enter the AD account and password and when I click the "Browse" button I get the following error:

Capture.PNG

Can I use AD authentication to the DB? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tmunn
Contributor
Contributor

You may need to run the installer using the account you plan on accessing SQL with for integrated security to be properly reflected. Make sure the account is a local admin on the App Volumes Manager system. Then you may also need to make sure the App Volume Manager service runs as the same user.

We punted on this and opted for the SQL Server authentication to avoid all the extra entertainment.

-

Tim

0 Kudos
JHT_Seattle
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Most every VMware install guide will note that if the database is locally installed, use integrated authentication, but if the database is remote to use SQL authentication.  It's been harder to convince people I work with to follow this guide ("service accounts are more secure!") but for the ones that have made the switch, it makes everything so much simpler during install and maintenance.

0 Kudos