VMware Horizon Community
jeffrobinson85
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

App Volumes Datastore staying attached after VM Refresh

Hello,

I'm encountering a strange issue with App Volumes, where the data store where the app stacks lives stays attached to a VM after a user logs out and it is refreshed. We are currently using App Volumes 2.9. Has anyone seen this issue before?

Thanks

Jeff

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes this is a known bug. Upgrade at least the Manager to 2.10 and you should be fine.

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You mean that the VDMK is still attached to the machine?

Did you assign it to a user or the machine? And when you log in do you actually see the reconfigure happen??

0 Kudos
jeffrobinson85
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Jason,

Thanks for the reply we are going to start testing 2.10 soon.

0 Kudos
jeffrobinson85
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ray,

Yes in vSphere the VM has the VMDK's still attached. In View it list two data stores for an available machine. One being the linked clone data store and the other being the app volumes data store. We assign it to the user using AD groups, w4e are not currently assigning App Stacks to machines. I opened a case with VMware and was told that the way we are currently doing our load balancing for App Volumes in not supported. We are using DNS round robin. I have taken the load balanced name out as one of the managers and left the individual app volumes managers in. In the limited testing I've done today that seems to have resolved the issue.

0 Kudos