VMware Horizon Community
HayesMarc
Contributor
Contributor

App Volumes 3 Error 400

Hello All,

OK I have gotten thru the install and connection issues with Appvol 3 and vcenter, connected to the datastore I want to use for the vmdks...

No I am getting the error 400 Vitalization Disabled..

I have changed on the AppVOl client to point to the IP address:3443 instead of a FQDN for testing and still get the error on log on. I have tried it with different logons and same results..

Thoughts???

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Shear
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here.

I went back in to Settings->Locations->vCenter

Naturally, the only one listed was the one that was originally created during the "Getting started" wizards.

As it turned out, there was no AV Manager associated with my vCenter.  I added it, and the Unified agent stopped complaining that my App Manager was reconfigured.  After rebooting my test endpoints, the App Stacks were functioning.

As I use the product, I'm learning a lesson here:  DO NOT USE THE STUPID GETTING STARTED WIZARD.  It leaves things...unfinished.

0 Kudos
HayesMarc
Contributor
Contributor

Actually I have checked that... I looked at the error and it states that the "App volumes Manager has not been configured virtualization" The only thing I do not have fully configured right now is the VROPS connection...

0 Kudos
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Error 400 is a communication issue between agent and Manager. Please check that you can ping from agent to Manager and vise versa. You can also disable the firewall on the Manager if needed (scripts are under /etc/wemi/utils on the OVA itself. First place to check though is basic communications.

0 Kudos
Hayes_marc
Contributor
Contributor

OK I have now got to a 502 error... change but still now go... arrrgh...

0 Kudos
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What did you change? and can you give a screenshot of that 502?

0 Kudos
Hayes_marc
Contributor
Contributor

OK I have the issue solved for now... (TEST environment)

1. I disabled the firewall on the OVA  Page 65 of the VMWare App Volumes 3.0 Installation and Administration

2. I disabled the SSL validation as well for vCenter connectivity...

Now I am able to connect...  will have to evaluate each setting on teh firewal and SSL before going into prod...

0 Kudos
raz1
Contributor
Contributor

I've got exactly the same problem.   "Error from Manager {IP_Address} (error code 400). App Volumes Manager has not been configured. Virtualisation is disabled"

The only thing I havent configured is vRops  but according the documentation vRops is optional anyhow althought the getting started wizard says its "Required"

The following is configured

AD

Roles and Permissions

AppCapture

vCenter Location

FileShare Location

Create new App Assignment

I've checked the registry is using 3443.

0 Kudos
EChampagne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I do have the same error  ...

AV Manager Appliance.

- I do have DISABLE _FIREWALL with the script.

- I do have DISABLE_SSL_VALIDATION with the script.

Under Location:

- VCenter is configured (Status Green dot / Online)

- FileShare is configured (Status Green dot / Online)

Under Inventory

- Application WinRAR successfully imported and I do have in my datastore the "cloudvolume/apps" folder that have my WinRAR.vmdk inside.

Windows 7 SP1 + App Volume Agent installed.

- I put the IP address during the installation and I keep the port 3443.

- I'm able to telnet port 80, 443, 3443 from the workstation and every ports answer properly

HOWEVER .....

After a reboot I do have the error "Error from Manager {IP_Address} (error code 400). App Volumes Manager has not been configured. Virtualisation is disabled"

Any help will be appreciated

0 Kudos
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Might sound silly but have you rebooted the OVA?

0 Kudos
raz1
Contributor
Contributor

sorted my problem out.  When I reviewed by installation screenshots I noticed that I missed out the AV Managers field in the add New vCenter wizard.  I reinstalled correcting this field.  I also added my default vcenter certificate to cacert.pem file.  I hope this helps.

1.jpg2.jpg

0 Kudos
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Good catch and we are going to change this in the future to auto populate this field for you..

0 Kudos
jrp1
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same issue and have done the same troubleshooting.  I even redeployed the OVA.  Error 400 every time on any guest VM with the agent installed.  Telnet to the manager over 3443 works.  No errors in the manager console, VMDK is in the datastore in the apps folder, all connections (AD, vCenter) are green.

0 Kudos
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

And you are able to ping the OVA FQDN from the agent? Firewall off etc? Can you ping the client FQDN from the OVA?

0 Kudos
wolfganghampp
Contributor
Contributor

Hello together.

I have the same issue.

I hope someone could help me.

AV Manager Appliance.

- I do have DISABLE _FIREWALL with the script.

- I do have DISABLE_SSL_VALIDATION with the script.

Under Location:

- FileShare is configured (Status Green dot / Online)

Problem:

- vCenter is configured (But as Status i have an Orange Flag) -> But i don't know, what is wrong. When delete the vcenter and reconfiger it, i get no error. Only an orange flag.

Under Inventory

- I tried to Capture VLC. So i started appcapture /n testpackage -> install vlc -> press enter -> it restarts.Then i get the message, that evrything is ok. BUt der is no vhd/vmdk ?!

I have attached the appcapture log.

Windows 7 SP1 + App Volume Agent installed.

- I put the IP address during the installation and I keep the port 3443.

- I'm able to telnet port 80, 443, 3443 from the workstation and every ports answer properly

- I am able to ping the appliance

After a reboot I do have the error "Error from Manager {IP_Address} (error code 400). App Volumes Manager has not been configured. Virtualisation is disabled"

I have no idea, why the vcenter is yellow, why my appcapture doenst work and why i get the error above.

If i should send you any log, please tell me.

0 Kudos