VMware Horizon Community
sntiforo
Contributor
Contributor

App Volumes 3.0 Dashboard empty, Customizations not working

I've been fighting with this for hours, and there isn't a lot of feedback from other people diving into 3.0 in the lab who are having trouble.  My problem started with the dreaded error 400, which I was able to eventually resolve through a number of hints and tips from the discussions.  I now have Appstacks mounting, and the writable volume option works (tested with some random folders and a chrome install).  Moving onto Customizations, I attempted something simple, to have a home drive mount to drive H on login.

The customization options:

Name: HomeDrive

Type: Drive Mapping

Desc: Maps NAS HomeDrive

Path: \\SAN2\home

Drive Letter: h

Display Name: Home

Map: Every Time

Run Asynchronously: Yes

The Assignment:

Name: DefaultUser Custom

Desc: none

- HomeDrive is checked in the Customizations Section

Conditions: None

User Groups: Domain Users

Logging into my Instant Clone results in the App stacks showing up with the Chrome installed in the writable.  Opening the file manager shows no h drive mounted.  When I go to the dashboard in the manager, I see nothing under App Assignments (AD and File servers show with nothing underneath each), Everything else shows no issue.  Health of the VC is a green check.  Data center usage shows 0 Active Sessions.  I clearly have at least one right?

The only logs I've discovered so far are under /var/log/av-manager, and they are not revealing any information about the customization profiles, (very useful for troubleshooting the app stacks though).

Anyone have any advice on where I can look for logging information on what might be going on with the customizations?  Is the Dashboard just broken in this version, or does it work for other people?

My SW Versions:

Vcenter 6.0.0-3634788

ESXi -6.0.0.update02-3620759

View 7.0.0- 3633490

AppVol 3.0-498

IC Desktops are running Windows 10 Enterprise normal ring, patched through 5/12/16.

If there is any other information needed please let me know, Im anxious to either solve this problem.

I would also like to add that the wizard is stuck at 89%, the only item it wont allow me to complete is the Create a new customization assignment.  No matter how many times I run through it, it finishes and returns to 89% and an incomplete status.  The customizations Im creating in the wizard do show up in the assign tab.  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
rimvydukas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

My advice would be to stay out from 3.x versions. Even Vmware support told me that this version is not for production environments when I encountered problemsSmiley Happy

0 Kudos