VMware Horizon Community
DetXL
Contributor
Contributor

App Volumes 2.6 Blue Screen during Logoff

Hi all,

We are evaluating App Volumes in Version 2.6

When a User with assigned Apps (Office 2013, Adobe Professional....) logs off from a windows 8 VM, he get's a Blue Screen in the Windows 8 VM most of the time.

The Message in the Blue Screen is every time different so i think it will not help to specify one off them. (sometimes NTFS.SYS)

I think it happens because of disconnecting the vmdk's from the virtual Machines during the log off Process..

I tried different fresh installed machines always same as the version of the system where i captured the Application

Sometimes i get a Blue Screen even on only opening the enrolled Application.

Environment:

Vsphere 5.5 U2

ESXi 5.5 U2 with actual Patch level

AppVOL 2.6

Manager on Server 2012R2 with local SQL express DB (because of test environment)

Agent 2.6 on Windows 8 64bit VM and on Windows 8.1 64 bit VM (But 8.1 is actual not supported i think)

All Systems are fresh installed Applications where captured on same Version and patch level as client.

Any Ideas ?

Detlef

Tags (6)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
hockeyguyin714
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 are not supported with App Volumes 2.6.  Does the same issue occur with a Windows 7 VM with Windows 7 provisioned AppStacks? 

DetXL
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, thanks for your answer.

I will try it with windows7 VMs.

But i am afraid that we cant use it for production if thats the case, because most of the View VMs are already on Windows 8.1

Greetings

DetXL

0 Kudos