VMware Horizon Community
Raymond_W
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

App Volumes 2.13.2 Maintenance build released

I'm very pleased to let you all know that we've released a new App Volumes Maintenance build, version 2.13.2.

This build contains the following fixes:

- A recalucation operation performed on Microsoft Excel application installed in base, would take twice the time when an appstack is attached.

- On upgrading from 2.12.1 to 2.13.1, machines created with same name as machines that were marked as offline in the database prior to upgrade, may throw virtualization disabled error at login.

- PATH environment variable does not retain all the path strings captured during provisioning.

- Writable volume space used, leading to low writable disk space.

- Occurrence of blank screen upon disconnect and reconnect of view sessions.

- "Server error" message on opening online entities tab in AV manager, when there are agent machines online for more than 1 year.

The App Volumes Maintenance build can be downloaded via My VMware or by clicking here.

Kind regards,

Raymond

Kind regards, Raymond Twitter: @raymond_himself
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
balagbm2017
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Kindly advise if we want to start demo of App volumes to customer which version we have to use either App volumes 2.13.2 or 3.0 which version is higher?? Really confused.. also which Windows 10 build is supported Appvolumes....

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Do NOT use 3.0. I'd suggest using the 2.13.2 version. 3.0 was just a technical preview.

And for checking the supported version you can go to this link

VMware Product Interoperability Matrices

0 Kudos
jqvm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Ray,   For that first excel performance bugfix, do you have any info about which version this issue was first seen/introduced? Raymond_W

Thanks

Josh

0 Kudos
rdonohue
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Trying to find out if anyone else is experiencing this issue on 2.13.2. On 2.13.1 we were getting the issue with a black screen after disconnect/disconnect, which is listed as fixed in 2.13.2. After upgrading to 2.13.2 it did fix the issue. At least until we upgraded our vsphere environment from 6.0 to 6.5 last week. Now the issue is back. I thought it might be because vmtools updated, so I reinstalled vmtools, the view agent, and app volumes agent, in the correct order. Same issue. The problem is reproducible every time. The first time a user connects everything works perfectly. Disconnect and try to reconnect after any period of time and you just get a black screen and then it disconnects after about a minute. We are running other vms that aren't using app volumes and those are all working fine, so seems to be some sort of conflict with app volumes.

0 Kudos
balagbm2017
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We used to have the same black screen windows appeared randomly and we have noticed usoclient.exe window pop up and it disappear, afterwards we got "sam account trust relationship error " . The only solution temporarily we perform is restart the desktop from the view administrator console. and advise the users log off and login back.. !!! waiting for permanent solution...

0 Kudos
rdonohue
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yeah the logoff/login works, but is painful.

0 Kudos
SummaCollege
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

We are having the same issues. Not sure what is causing them.

0 Kudos
rdonohue
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just an fyi, the issue still exists after an upgrade to 2.13.3

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

I haven't tried 2.13.3, but we seen the black screen issue described as well, and I ask everyone who sees it to immediately disconnect and reconnect again and then it goes away.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Sorry I reread, I don't get the samaccount message, I just get a black screen that doesn't go away when people connect to any desktop the first time.

0 Kudos
dbrutus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

rdonohue

balagbm2017

SummaCollege

sjesse

I noticed something similar but we are on version 2.12.1. I'm not sue if it is the same issue that you are seeing but in my case, the user has a thin client as a primary machine and he switches back and forth with his laptop when he goes to a meeting. He then reconnect back to his session at his desktop. The problem that I notice is sometimes when he tries to reconnect to an activate session, the screen goes black while it attempts to reconnect him and after 10-15 seconds it disconnects. When he reconnects again, he gets a brand new session and his work is lost. On the horizon manager his VM is in the problem state already used status. Are you seeing similar results where after reconnecting the screen goes black and when you try to reconnect again you get a new session? Thanks!

0 Kudos
balagbm2017
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes the same scenario happened to our customer also. Its very difficult to explain to customer however Already used status is default in Horizon 7.x . Please refer this KB VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos