VMware Horizon Community
JZizzamia
Contributor
Contributor

App Volumes 2.12.1

App Volumes 2.12.1 should be released soon, has anyone heard updates this week ? I am hoping to upgrade to resolve PDF printer issues and AD sync issues.

Regards,

Jason

24 Replies
szilagyic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

szilagyic

do you have the Adobe Flash quality and Adobe Flash throttling option activated in the View Settings? - we have a very similar issue but right now we didn`t think about AppVolume or Flash, rather ESXi Problem or View itself - do you have a case open with VMware?

No, we have not tried using the Flash quality and throttling settings, as to us it seems to be an App Volumes issue.  When we deploy the exact same versions of Flash, Firefox, Chrome to a full clone based on the exact same master VM, we do not see any issue with Flash like this.  Only when deploying Flash inside an App Volume AppStack, we see the issue.

I have not opened a case (yet), I was hoping there was a straightforward fix for this.

I would not rule out App Volumes in your case.  I have seen App Volumes do some very strange things to the VM.  I just had a case open with VMware where the AppVol Writable Volume got in to a state where it would cause the user's VM to disconnect.  Re-creating the Writable Volume fixed it.  So, somehow AppVol can affect the Horizon Agent, it seems, and other strange behaviors.

0 Kudos
JHT_Seattle
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

So you're saying that when I update an existing stack it will automatically inject the updated snapvol.cfg file from the latest uploaded template, etc into the stack?  That's not what I've been led to believe...

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

No, it will not inject the new snapvol.cfg. What i mentioned is a way to know the version of the template used in AppStack.

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I believe that this is not entirely correct. The way I can see it right now is that it changes the template information in the database but does not copy the snapvol.cfg from that template thus your ending up with wrong information.

At least that's the idea I get from it looking at it know. So I agree with JHT on this one to be honest but would love to hear a conclusive answer from development.

0 Kudos
Automatt1c
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It is against best practice to include IE Plugins, Drivers, ODBC programs and such in an appstack. We include flash in the base image and don't have any issues. I rarely have to update it either.

0 Kudos