VMware Horizon Community
R_Mesa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

App Volume 4.8

I am attempting to get App Volume working in VHD. Currently we have an App Volume manager in production for hosting apps to the VM's. We wanted to test AV on physicals. I was able to install App volumes on the new server, but when I launched it, it went to the registrar with the app volumes manager instead of the option to configure it. I Accepted the cert. When I go to register under configuration>Machine Managers>Register Machine Manager, and when I try and change type, VCenter is the only type I can choose. I can see the other types. I am having a hell of a time finding any documentation to clearly point me in a direction. It sounds like it shouldn't be this difficult. This is my first time installing App Volumes, someone stood up the original server. I feel like I am just maybe missing a feature like Hyper-V or something simple.  I'd be very thankful if someone has had a similar issue and can point me in the right direction. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nate086
Contributor
Contributor

Hi R_Mesa,

Did you ever get this going ?

im looking at revisiting this solution as well.

users don’t want to move around and install apps again and again.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
R_Mesa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sorry for the very late reply, but no. I was never able to make it work. After a lot of research I came to the conclusion it will not work on physical machine.  It would have been a great solution for some of the apps we were working with, so maybe some day. Did you ever get it working?

0 Kudos
lansti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi, I think this will work.

In appvolume you need to go to Configuration - Machine Managers.
You may need to do this while configuring your appvolume manager, but check if you have this option.
Click on Register Machine Manager and select "[VHD] In-Guest Services":

lansti_0-1697136346198.png

You may have a look at this article.

Best regards
Lansti
0 Kudos