VMware Horizon Community
ddewire
Contributor
Contributor

App-V support?

Can anyone verify that Microsoft App-v is not supported with App Volumes?  I attempted to deploy a few app-v apps in an AppStack and none of them were there.  They are supposed to be under C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Appv but it doesnt look like its capturing anything there.  The SVROOT\ProgramData\Microsoft\Appv folder does not exist in the vmdk.

I have an app that does not work with App Volumes but does work with app-v.  If App Volumes worked with App-v, the app would work but that doesnt appear to be the case.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

I guess the App-V path are excluded from AppStack template by default. Please try the below steps to include them.

1. Manually attach the AppStack template.vmdk as a new hardware to a clean machine with no App Volume agent installed. Make sure to select "Persistent" changes when attaching.

2. The template shows as a new drive in My computer. Open snapvol.cfg file using notepad

3. Search for App-V and look for the line excludepath= that excludes the App-V folder path

4. Comment out the App-V excludepath path by adding # at the beginning of the line

5. Save snapvol.cfg

6. Remove AppStack template

Use the above template to recapture the application and post the results.

0 Kudos