VMware Horizon Community
robsisk1972
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

App Stacks Creations being canceled due to using the Local Admin account on my provisioning machine

Hello Gents,

Brand new to App Volumes but am excited to see what it can do.    After setting up AppVolumes per documentation, I attempted to create my first app stack but it failed.  Actually it was cancelled...Atleast that's what it yields in the interface.   I was using the local admin account to capture the stack and received errors in the logs to this effect:

I get these errors consistently, if I logon to the provisioning machine with the local admin account.   If I use a domain user, the app stack does build perfectly.  I do not want to use a domain account as much unwanted GP may sneak in during the capture.   Is it possible to use a local account on the provision machine to capture installations and if so, any idea of what I might do to get this to work. 

Thanks in advance for your time!

Rob

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

We also capture the application with a locally created administrative account.

You do need to add the machine to the domain though, otherwise Appvolumes manager does not see the packaging machine.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

You say "the local admin account" is this Administrator or an account you created.I generally use a custom created administrative account and keep Administrator disabled.

0 Kudos
barakni
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

you can disable the cookie mechanism that was introduced in 2.14

0 Kudos
robsisk1972
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the feedback...My provisioning machine has been joined to the domain and a computer object does exist in AD.  And yes, I too disable the default local administrator account and create another with a new name.   As far as disabling the cookie mechanism, I will try.  

0 Kudos
robsisk1972
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Any chance you know how to do this?

0 Kudos
robsisk1972
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So a Vmware support tech disabled session cookies in the App Vol DB.  Still didn't work.

He then stated that it was a bug in the version I was using (2.14.0) and asked me to upgrade to 2.14.2.11.   After upgrading last night, I still have the same issue.    Does anyone else have this issue with either versions?  Is anyone running either version yet?

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

For know we are running version 2.13 but to be honest I haven't heard of a bug related to this as normally, if it was a bug it would already been posted to the forums.

0 Kudos