VMware Horizon Community
LJMCP
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

App Crashes for 2nd User

Hi,

I have provisioned Autodesk Vault Professional in an appstack (AppVolumes 2.18) and find that for the first user/session, the application works without issue.  However, when a second user attempts to load the application, it crashes "a software problem has caused Autodesk Vault Professional 2019 to close unexpectedly".

I do not have this issue if i install the app traditionally on the RDSH server (Windows 2019 DC).  I do have this working currently on W2K12R2 RDSH.

Thanks!

Lyle

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Do you refresh the machine after every use?? If using Appvolumes you need to either remove (instant clones) or refresh the machine. A user cannot log onto a machine twice, that's why Appvolumes is only supported on non persistent machines.

0 Kudos
LJMCP
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This is an RDSH farm where multiple users access W2K19 servers concurrently.  The appstacks are computer-based assignments.

This did work previously with W2K12R2 and AV 2.17.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Try capturing it with a 2019 capture machine and changing the to install mode before installing and change it back after

change user | Microsoft Docs

0 Kudos
LJMCP
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, I do change user /install before the capture and then change user /execute after installation.  Provisioning machine matches the RDSH host OS (W2K19).

0 Kudos