VMware Horizon Community
LukaszDziwisz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Any modifications needed for successful Office 365 licensing/activation needed?

Hello Everyone,

Wanted to check with all of you and see if you had to do any modifications to your writable volumes Profile Only) in order to achieve successful activation of Office 365?

We are using Windows 20H2 with appvolumes agent 2203 and seeing activation issues with Office 365. On a first login/creation of writable everything works good and Office activates but if for some reason user Signs out of it they won't be able to sign in/activate anymore and product stays unlicensed./ another thing we noticed is that on a first creation of writable user needs to open Office to activate and if they don't do this then on a consecutive logons it will continue popping with sign on and will not activate it. The only solution would be to delete the writable and start over and launch Office on first logon.

Also, moving users from old image pool with writable created on 4.4.4.6 to the new one causes licensing to fail immediately as well. 

Did anyone encounter the same issue?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
LukaszDziwisz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Quick update,

If I disable my writable I sign in to the clone I get automatically signed in and activated with O365 when launching any Office app. I'm noticing that I get a t ken created in C:\USERS\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Licensing and a registry key is created under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity\Profiles with my username. Once I sign out of office the token stays in AppData but the registry key in Identity goes away. Then I sign back in to office and the key in Identity gets recreated and my Office is fully functioning.

With writable attached, sign off process looks the same but sign in doesn't create that key in Identity anymore. Thinking about possibly excluding HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity\Profiles in writable but not sure how to do that. All the config lines I see are geared more towards HKLM keys and cannot find any examples for HKCU. Any help will be much appreciated

0 Kudos