VMware Horizon Community
scrachi
Contributor
Contributor

After assign an AppStack next login shows The Group Policy Client service failed the sign in. Access Denied.

We are working on Windows 10 + UEM 92 + AppVolumes

In a VDI desktop with persistent disk working with UEM 92 when we assign an AppStack everything works perfectly but when you log off and log in again the system shows the message :

The Group Policy Client service failed the sign in. Access Denied.

The only solution to log in again in the affected desktop is restart the machine.

Anyone else knows this issue?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Are you assigning a mandatory profile, I remember seeing this the firest time I set this up and it was because the permissions I set to the mandatory profile folder wasn't correct.

0 Kudos
jsinclair
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Experiencing the exact same issue with Windows 10 and AV 2.13.1. If we restart or log off, Group Policy Client error. If we shutdown, the problem goes away. Any resolution to this? We aren't using mandatory profiles or anything out of the ordinary.

0 Kudos
MichaelSkoglund
Contributor
Contributor

We are having the exact same issue and don't use mandatory profiles. Was this ever figured out?

0 Kudos
jsinclair
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Worked with support, here is the fix that resolved this issue:

Update registry entry: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\svservice\Parameters and change the value of "RebootAfterDetach" to 1.

0 Kudos
apelz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks! We had the same problem and the solution is working fine. But the service needs around 20-30s to get up again. In this time no login is possible.

Is there another possible solution for that problem?

thanks!

0 Kudos