VMware Horizon Community
sconley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Adobe Reader and Acrobat Customization Issues

When creating an App Stack containing either of the above mentioned products it seems that any customization is lost.  I have used the Adobe customization wizard to disable various features (online updates, online storage, etc.), and everything works properly on the provisioning VM.  However, once provisioning is complete and the App Stack that was created is attached to a VM the customization done previously is no longer in place.  Has anybody else experienced this issue?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sconley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It turns out that for some reason the provisioning process is not capturing HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe branch of the registry.  Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I believe that the entire HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies is being excluded from the appstack mostly due to some strange behaviour with Windows policies which are in the exact same place as the Adobe ones.

We had an issue way back where these settings were stored in the writable and we needed to recreate writables to get policies to be upgraded after changing them. I believe that this is teh reason they took it out. You could try and change it within the snapvol.cfg of the Adobe CC appstack.

0 Kudos
qwak
Contributor
Contributor

We had some specific Adobe DC settings that we needed and eventually import the admx file for adobe_dc into our the active directory domain, that we use for the microsoft windows VDI sessions and made group policy that made the setting.  That seemed to work everytime.

0 Kudos