VMware Horizon Community
topokin
Contributor
Contributor

Adding Letter Drive to Writable Volume

We are looking into "App Volumes" for "application layering" but need some additional information. I have not install any and all I have so far are what gathered from various documents.

The systems we are trying to virtualized are clients with two physical disks being labeled and access as C and E drives.

The E drive has nothing to do with user profile or installations, but it rather used to store production data and size varies between 250GB - 500GB. In-house developed applications and scripts are customized to write their production output into this drive.

So my question is, is it possible to assign letter drive such as E to the "Writable Volumes" so that it could be accessed independently, or is it also blended with the system drive.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Yes, you can assign drive letter to writable volume.

Please have a look at this KB:

Setting up drive letter mapping for Writable Volumes for Chrome extensions on App Volumes (2128266) ...

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

As Lakshman says it is indeed possible. Do keep in mind that it will not always be E or D because it will check to see which driveletter is available first. You cant force it to always go to the letter E or D or whichever letter you prefer.

If you dont use direct links to this disk my guess is that your good to go.

0 Kudos